Listed in Chemicals
- 323, Vitt Bhavan, Opp. Swaminarayana Gurukul, Gondal Road.
SODIUM MONOCHLORO ACETATE (SMCA) (C2H2ClNaO2) is the sodium salt of Monochloroacetic Acid (MCA).
Sodium Monochloro Acetate (SMCA) is obtaining from neutralization of Monochloroacetic Acid (MCA) with Sodium Carbonate (Soda Ash).
Another method of manufacturing Sodium Monochloro Acetate (SMCA) is spraying molten Monochloroacetic Acid (MCA) together with 50 % Caustic Soda solution into a spray dryer.
Sodium Chloroacetate, Chloroacetic acid sodium salt, Monochloroacetic acid sodium salt, Monochloroethanoic acid sodium salt, Chloroethanoic acid sodium salt, SMCA, SMA, Monoxone.
IUPAC NAME: Sodium 2-chloroacetate.
CAS REGISTRY NUMBER: 3926-62-3
EC NUMBER: 223-498-3
UN NUMBER: 2659
CHEMICAL FORMULA: C2H2ClNaO2
Sodium Monochloro Acetate (SMCA) is use in the production of a wide variety of useful compounds such as drugs, dyes, agrochemicals and thickening agents. Most reactions take advantage of the high reactivity of the C–Cl bond.
Applications are in Manufacturing of
1) Various Agrochemicals viz 2,4-D (2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid), 2,4,5-T (2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid), MCPA (2-methyl-4-chlorophenoxyacetic acid), Glyphosate and Dimethoate.
2) Drugs such as Vitamins, Synthetic Caffeine, Malonates, Glycine, Barbiturates etc
3) Amphoteric Surfactants which used in shampoos, baby and children cleansing formulations, shower and bath gels, body and facial washes and shaving foam, also in skin care products like cleansing milks or eye-make up removers.
4) Glycolic acid (Hydroxyacetic Acid), Thioglycolic Acid and Cyanoacetic Acid.
5) Textile Auxiliaries & Dyestuffs (Indigo)
6) Hydrocolloids such as Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose (CMC), Sodium Carboxy Methyl Starch (CMS), Sodium Carboxy Methyl Tamarind (CMT), Sodium Carboxy Methyl Guar Gum (CMG).
25Kg or 50 Kg HDPE Bags with inner LDPE liner.